irishladdie727irishladdie727

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Growing hunger Growing hunger

Hmmm...?

Yeah I think I saw that Twilight Zone once.

Repercussions of Evil Repercussions of Evil

Fucking spectacular.

It was just like watching an Ed Wood movie.

Phobotech responds:

:'O

I'M HONORED.

Avatar - Hot Na'vi Sex Avatar - Hot Na'vi Sex

Pretty Spot On

I went and saw the extended cut in theaters and there was a N'avi sex scene... And it was pretty much exactly like this. They fucked using their braids and everything. Except deadly serious. I was uncomfortable. So yeah... good call.

The Life Of A Pacifist... The Life Of A Pacifist...

hmmm...

I want to defend this but it kind of sucks. It's not a game, it's not all that interesting, its message is a little bit extreme and delivered in a boring manner. This is exactly what art games shouldn't be.

Red Green Blue Red Green Blue

Canabalt with seizures!

Once I actually got the hang of it it was pretty fun. To everybody who's giving it a 1 before they learn how to play the game: enemies are to be dodged, don't jump on their heads. When the top and bottom bars are the same color, there's a gap you have to jump. Hold right/d to sprint and likewise hold left/a to slow down. Jump while sprinting to long jump, jump while slow running to quickly hop. Use the hop and the long jump to get past multiple obstacles in a row or places where enemies are tightly packed with small gaps in between. This game's mechanics are well designed and work. I got close to 2,000 once. You all just aren't trying. Yes the graphics hurt your eyes but they're meant to be disorienting.

Distance Distance

You captured it perfectly without making a game.

You have this problem a lot. You're definitely an artist who's making interesting, challenging art, but it's almost as if you're forcing yourself to use the wrong medium. This was a perfect look at everything that's wrong with long distance relationships, but it could have just as easily been a movie, book, etc. You were on the right track with "Good Fortune". You gave the player something to do in that game and it was through doing that action that the message presented itself. I'm interested to see what you come up with next, but I still think you've got some kinks to work out. Try making a game with no text at all and see if you can still convey a significant message through gameplay alone. Make the most of the medium you're working with.