irishladdie727irishladdie727

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

The Life Of A Pacifist... The Life Of A Pacifist...

hmmm...

I want to defend this but it kind of sucks. It's not a game, it's not all that interesting, its message is a little bit extreme and delivered in a boring manner. This is exactly what art games shouldn't be.

Red Green Blue Red Green Blue

Canabalt with seizures!

Once I actually got the hang of it it was pretty fun. To everybody who's giving it a 1 before they learn how to play the game: enemies are to be dodged, don't jump on their heads. When the top and bottom bars are the same color, there's a gap you have to jump. Hold right/d to sprint and likewise hold left/a to slow down. Jump while sprinting to long jump, jump while slow running to quickly hop. Use the hop and the long jump to get past multiple obstacles in a row or places where enemies are tightly packed with small gaps in between. This game's mechanics are well designed and work. I got close to 2,000 once. You all just aren't trying. Yes the graphics hurt your eyes but they're meant to be disorienting.

Distance Distance

You captured it perfectly without making a game.

You have this problem a lot. You're definitely an artist who's making interesting, challenging art, but it's almost as if you're forcing yourself to use the wrong medium. This was a perfect look at everything that's wrong with long distance relationships, but it could have just as easily been a movie, book, etc. You were on the right track with "Good Fortune". You gave the player something to do in that game and it was through doing that action that the message presented itself. I'm interested to see what you come up with next, but I still think you've got some kinks to work out. Try making a game with no text at all and see if you can still convey a significant message through gameplay alone. Make the most of the medium you're working with.

Demons Took My Daughter Demons Took My Daughter

dissappointing

There are plenty, PLENTY of tower defense games on the internet, but hardly anything around like the magnificent Zombies took my Daughter. I was really disappointed this wasn't at all a sequel even though you used the same characters. Still pretty good for a tower defense game though.

Toss the Turtle Toss the Turtle

I want my damn life back!

This is basically the flash game equivalent of a smack addiction, if Heroin got progressively more awesome as you bought bigger and bigger needles.

Zombies Took My Daughter! Zombies Took My Daughter!

I love you.

This is like my favoritest game on Newgrounds. Gotta say, some of your other submissions kinda bite, but this one's immaculate.

MTV HIV Game MTV HIV Game

Uggggghhhhh....

This sort of worthless shit won't help anyone learn anything. The 20 minutes one of your interns took to make this game could have been used to donate money to 20 different AIDS research funds. Instead you're raising "awareness" on fucking Newgrounds. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Super Adventure Game Land Super Adventure Game Land

Meh.

It was sort of clever in its own little way but I found myself wishing I hadn't wasted ten minutes playing it afterwards. I really liked the art style a lot, but there was too much too read and it wasn't very well written. Plus, the gameplay itself was pretty mindnumbing. If you work on your script and put more effort into the "game" part of the "game", you can really have something with part 2, but as it is this had no business on the front page.

squidly responds:

Eh, I've heard some varied opinions on what this game deserved and what it didn't, either way, I'll make sure that the sequel is something that we can have a unified opinion on.

One Step Back One Step Back

Really Cool and Really Clever

This should have been a level in Braid. Damn, this should have been two levels in Braid. Except unlike Jonathan Blow, your message came through all in the gameplay, awesome job.